Friday, May 13, 2011

Down The Shore

Wanna know what we did for Mother's Day? We went down the shore.  This, I've learned, is how many here in New Jersey say they are going to the beach or to hang out on the boardwalk.  Having lived 5 hours away from the nearest beach my whole life, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have such beautiful beaches less than an hour and a half away from our home.  I took this picture myself, as our beautiful day was nearing it's end. 


But wait, I am getting ahead of myself.  Let's back track a bit.  When we stepped out onto our porch, after running around the house for a few hours, getting every one ready to go, and dealing with a slight pluming problem,  we were greeted by a gorgeous, sunny and breezy spring day.  

Hmm, very sunny.  To quote her directly, "The sun is looking at me!"

 Quick, take the picture!

We piled into the car and headed over to my Aunt Julia's house to drop off the Grannies. (They've been sick with a cold and were not feeling up to an outing.)  We then passed by and picked up our friend Rene, who went with us and acted as our tour guide for the rest of the day.  Although we've lived here 9 months already, there is so much we still have not seen.  Rene took us the scenic route, so the ride was a very nice one, although some chose to forgo the sightseeing to pursue more "relaxing" endeavors.


  These coastal towns have the most gorgeous homes, with wrap-around porches, manicured lawns, and loads of character.  Here are just a few of the many we saw, along with other neat things we caught glimpes of outside our car window.





We then stopped in the quaint little town of Point Pleasant to browse through some adorable shops they have there.  One of my favorites?  This one.











For lunch, we had Federico's Pizza.  Finger lickin' good!


After lunch, we continued our ride down the shore to Seaside Heights Boardwalk. This boardwalk is one of many that line the Jersey shore, with concession stands, carnival and arcade games, and rides.




One of my favorite parts of the day?  Watching my children have the time of their lives.  It's fitting for a mother to enjoy the sweet pleasure of hearing her children's laughter on Mother's Day, is it not?

  



Although I missed my mother very much, this Mother's Day was unforgettable for me.  I'll leave you now with a picture of me holding my three precious treasures.


So, what did you and your family do on Mother's Day?

4 comments:

  1. Stacy, How I wish we could of spent the day with you guys. Those houses are absolutely gorgeous and just my type lol! What a blessing to live near such a fantastic 'shore' and such quaint little shops. Sigh... just beautiful. I can tell your kids had a blast, what fun! The kids and I really enjoy seeing all the pictures you post so please keep them coming! I love and miss you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Stace! I want to spend Mother's Day in New Jersey next year!! Wow...What a remarkable day for you and your little family down at the shore :0) I can see fun and excitement all over the kids' faces! I am so happy you had an unforgettable and extraordinary Mother's Day. After all, you deserve a day of fun and so much more! Love ya and miss ya girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the shore just from looking at these pictures. :) We will have to add this to our itinerary next time I go visit. Those houses are so beautiful and I love the little shops in this cute little town. I'm happy to see that you and the family had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete