Monday, February 28, 2011

Kitchen Inspiration Pictures

Yep, more inspiration pictures folks.  This time I'd like to share a slew of kitchen pictures that all have one thing in common, the dynamic combination of black counter tops and white cabinets.  I've loved this trend for a long time and was very thrilled when my dear friend Lisa informed me that she is going to use this color combination in her new kitchen.  Way to go Lisa!  :) Stop by Love Grows in Little Houses and check out how things are coming along.  Because of my instant attraction to all kitchens sporting the black and white, I've got lots of pictures stored in my "beautiful rooms" folder. Many of these (first 8 and last 2) were taken from the amazing site Decor Pad that is just bursting with images of gorgeous spaces.  As I mentioned in the previous post, when it comes to inspiration pictures, we will not always like every detail of the setup, but will come away with some great ideas none the less.  Prepare to be inspired!  WARNING:  There are 12 pictures!  I just couldn't leave any of them out.  (Please excuse the poor quality of some of these pictures.)










Unknown Source



Ok, it's true, the last picture is a laundry room and not a kitchen, but it still fit's the bill:  black counter top *check* white cabinets *check* farmhouse sink *check* open shelving with basket storage *check* lovely *check*.  =)  So, what do you think?  Let me know!

Decor Pad Picture Credits: 1- Laurel Ridge Homes 2- Jeff Lewis Designs 3- Southern Living 4- Ryan Brown 5- Susan Gilmore Photography 6- Alisberg Parker Architects  7- Anne Tumer Carroll Kitchen  11- Mark Badgley and James Mischka 12- Ken Gemes Interiors

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These kitchens look amazing! I would be satisfied with having any of them in my home. :) I noticed that all the kitchens that showed the floors had laminate or hardwood flooring. We are really leaning toward installing laminate flooring in the kitchen and probably the dining room as well so I get a good idea of what it would look like. I know we have hardwood floors already, but it is just so much work to refinish the floors, plus we have kids so that option isn't too appealing to us at this moment in time.
    Another thing that seems to be popular in white kitchens is the subway tile. I really like that style for kitchens but we haven't made a decision yet on what we're planning to use as our backsplash. We have some tile already that can be used but nothing is for sure just yet.
    I absolutely love farmhouse sinks. I would really like one for my own kitchen but they are kind of pricey. The sink we have is nice so I can't complain.
    Thanks for sharing these inspiration pics. I can't wait til we're done with our very own kitchen, I'm excited to see how it turns out. I posted pictures of our back door project.
    Love you! Hugs and kisses to the family! :)

    ReplyDelete